UPSC Recruitment 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites Application for the post of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2017 for 138 Vacancies. Apply Online before 03 March 2017.
Advt. No. : 5/2017-GEOL
UPSC Job Details :
- Post Name : Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2017
- No of Vacancy : 138 Posts
Category wise Vacancies :
- Geologist, Group A : 40 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A : 40 Posts
- Chemist Group A : 25 Posts
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 33 Posts
Eligible Criteria for UPSC Recruitment :
- Educational Qualification :
- For Geologist : Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- For Geophysicist : M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India.
- For Chemist : M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists : Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : minimum & maximum age limit is 21 to 32 years for Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist and 21 to 35 years for Junior Hydrogeologists as on 01.01.2017
Job Location : All India
Selection Process : Selection will be based on Written examination & Interview/ Personality Test.
Application Fee : Candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card. SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs who are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply UPSC Vacancy : Interested Candidates may apply online through UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in from 08.02.2017 to 03.03.2017 till 18.00 hrs thereafter website link will be disabled.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 08.02.2017
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC recruitment Online Application : 03.03.2017
- Last Date for Submission of Application fee by Challan : 02.03.2017
Important Links :